Friday, February 5, 2010

Markets choose to implode...because the bubble never got big enough to burst!

I can't help but inform you that Nifty might slip to 3700 or thereabouts in the next few sessions(God knows, how many) i.e. if you believe some of the forecasts by various market pundits. I neither support nor reject their view.  But if and when that happens, please do remember to give them their due credit as "they were the first ones who told you so....":)

It was a good closing for the week for me as I covered most of my shorts in Silver, Copper & Nickel. I covered my Nifty shorts yesterday much sooner than I would have liked as it was becoming too volatile and unpredictable.

Anyway, I have no business staying in something which I am unable to understand. Right? Markets are tough. Why make things more complicated? There are lots of markets to trade and so many opportunities out there. Spot the easy ones and go after them. That's the way I like it. It is much easier to handle that way.

I still have a few shorts in commodities but that's because even a few of them can make a large difference if there is a panic sell-off.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Uttam,
    are u so bearish on nifty that it reaches 3700...? i feel that reverse SHS formed may stop nifty from sliding below 4500....wtz yr opinion...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi grj,

    No, I am not bearish at all. I'm just waiting on the sidelines. That's what the various market commentators were saying. I think u missed the later part of the post, pls go thru it once again.

    ReplyDelete