Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How to make money.......blah blah blah

This is how most of the get-rich-quick guides are generally titled. My job is not to give a review on those books. As you already know by now, I am very critical about that kind of stuff, so it won't be an A rating for most of them anyway.

I just wanted to point out something much more imp.....which profoundly affects the way you look at trading as a business.

"How to make money......"?? How does one make money?

No. You don't make money.


It's your money that makes you more money. You just help yourself by being on the sidelines as your money works for you.

It's an organic process. Your money grows.
Not an inorganic one. Not an additive process.

A lot of your success in trading depends on the way you look at it.

That's why capital preservation is so important.

In trading as a business:
Your money = Your Plant & Equipment
Your money = Your Employees
Loss = Expenditure to run it

Profit is what it makes when you make enough number of good decisions.

So, a better title could start something like "How do I make my money work for me....blah blah blah".
Atleast the titles will make more sense that way.

Enough of gyan for today. I'll stop here before I slip into the danger of taking my gyan too seriously.

****

It was a fantastic start for the week in commodities. A solid rally in most of the base & precious metals. I was positioned well this time. So, my money is working well for me.:) Market permitting, wish to continue longs for some more time.
No positions in Nifty. Have investments in stocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment